The Linux Advocate is dedicated to the honest and open discussion Linux and Open Source software and projects. You probably won't like what I have to say, but hey, I'll probably be right.

Google

Friday, March 09, 2007

Delays

Hello everyone! Sorry about the recent lack of posting on this blog. Ive been working on PHP coding a new open source social networking script, which will power a new site I have in mind. which I will let you all in on when its done. Keep your eyes open for it. In the mean time, we are coming up on the release of Ubuntu Feisty and I will be around to cover that.

Recently I purchased a new test rig from MadTux, its a 3.2ghz Celeron system bundled with FreeSpire for $289.00. This will become my main linux testbed, so that I can try out all of the newest distros for you all. I figured having a mid-to-low range desktop will give me a better idea of what the general computer owner would encounter using new distros on older hardware.

Talk to you all soon. I'll be posting the unboxing when it shows up.