The Linux Advocate is dedicated to the honest and open discussion Linux and Open Source software and projects. You probably won't like what I have to say, but hey, I'll probably be right.

Google

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ubuntu tricks - how to mount your WinXP partition, make it read/writabable

Heres a great tip that I found for Ubuntu.  I've had my NTFS partition hanging out with win xp on it, and been dual booting for a while just to get to my old files.  Now that I can mount my NTFS partition IN Ubuntu, I no longer have to switch back and forth.  I think this might help a lot of you out there, check it out!
---
Here's a guide to making the most of your NTFS partition while in Ubuntu. When you
are done you should be able to have your NTFS partition mounted at boot, be able to write to it and read from it and be able to lift three times your body weight without breaking a sweat.

read more | digg story